Useless but interesting Facts
Useless but interesting Facts
* A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 600 m.p.h.
* The condom - made originally of linen - was invented in the early
* The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in
* Watch out for flying hockey pucks - they travel at up to 100 mph.
* America's first nudist organization was founded in 1929, by 3 men.
* When he's feeling amorous, the male sea otter grabs the female's nose
* In 1681, the last dodo bird died.
* A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give
* The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.
* An Indian woman can legally wed a goat.
* Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear
* The average bank teller loses about $250 every year.
* Howdy Doody had 48 freckles.
* What color was Christopher Columbus's hair? Blonde.
* In 1980, there was only one country in the world with no telephones -
* The most extras ever used in a movie was 300,000, for the film Gandhi
* Every person has a unique tongue print.
* Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.
* Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
* When Bugs Bunny first appeared in 1935, he was called Happy Rabbit.
* Pollsters say that 40% of dog and cat owners carry pictures of the
pets in their wallets.
* Bubble gum contains rubber.
* You can only smell 1/20th as well as a dog.
* In high school, Robin Williams was voted "Least Likely to Succeed."
* Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star.
* The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in
* The sex organ on a male spider is located at the end of one of its
* Even if you cut off a cockroach's head, it can live for several weeks.
* Chicken soup was considered an aphrodisiac in the Middle Ages.
* Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
* The world population of chickens is about equal to the number of
* Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are.
* Every time Beethoven sat down to write music, he poured ice water over
* In 75% of American households, women manage the money and pay the
* A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South
* About 70% of Americans who go to college do it just to make more
money. [The rest of us are avoiding reality for four more years.]
* It's against the law to catch fish with your bare hands in Kansas.
* An estimated 6,000 American teenagers lose their virginity every day.
* Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in Some Like It
* Some toothpastes contain antifreeze.
* Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
* Millie the White House dog earned more than 4 times as much as Pres.
* Elvis's nickname for his sexual organ was "Little Elvis."
* Bird droppings are the chief export of Nauru, an island nation in the
* There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones.
* Most lipstick contains fish scales.
* Lee Harvey Oswald's cadaver tag sold at an auction for $6,600 in 1992.
* Mosquitos have teeth.
* Spotted skunks do handstands before they spray.
* Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
* The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard
Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
* When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.
* Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.
* Captain Kangaroo won five Emmy awards.
* In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when
patients would die.
* An estimated one in five Americans - some 38 million - don't like sex.
* Aztec emperor Montezuma had a nephew, Cuitlahac, whose name meant
"plenty of excrement."
* Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.