Google
This That And Frog Hair2: Great Read

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Great Read

Following on Veteran's Day and also some of the recent requestsfor various adopt a soldier programs, I found this in the archivesand thought it deserved a repeat.Tampons to the Rescue (Don't worry...it is a letter from a Marine's momand it is a great story!!!)He told me how wonderful the care packages were and wanted me to telleveryone thank you.. He said that one guy, we'll call Marine X did get agirl care package and everyone was giving him a hard time. My son said,"Marine X got some really nice smelling lotion and everyone really likesit, so every time he goes to sleep they steal it from him." I told myson I was really sorry about the mistake, and if he wanted I would sendMarine X another package. He told me not to worry about Marine Xbecause every time I send something to him, Marine X thinks it's for himtoo. He said when my husband and I sent the last care package Marine Xcame over to his cot picked up the box, started fishing through it, andsaid, "What'd we get this time?"My son said they had the most fun with Marine X's package. He said hewasn't sure who we were sending the pack to, but the panties were size14, and he said one of the guys got on top of the Humvee and jumped offwith the panties over his head and yelled, "Look at me, I'm an AirborneRanger!!!!".He said one of the guys attached the panties to an antenna and it blewin the wind like a windsock. He said it entertained them for quiteawhile. Then of course, they had the tampons. When he brought this upmy imagination was just running wild, but I let him continue.My son said they had to go on a mission and Marine X wantedthe chap stick and lotion for the trip. He grabbed a bunchof the items out of his care package and got in the Humvee.As luck would have it he grabbed the tampons, and my son said everyonewas teasing him about "not losing or forgetting his feminine hygieneproducts". My son said things were going well, and then the convoy wasambushed. He said a Marine inthe convoy was shot. He said the wound was pretty clean,but it was deep He said they were administering first aidbut couldn't get the bleeding to slow down, and someone said, "Hey useMarine X's tampons". My son said they put the tampon in the wound.At this point my son profoundly told me, "Mom did you knowthat tampons expand?" "Well, yeah!"They successfully slowed the bleeding and got the guy medical attention.When they went to check on him later the surgeon told them, "You guyssaved his life". If you hadn't stopped that bleeding he would have bledto death.;My son said, "Mom, the tampons sent by the Marine Moms bymistake saved a Marine's life."At this point I asked him, "Well what did you do with the rest of thetampons?" He said, "Oh, we divided them up and we all have them in ourflak jackets, and I kept two for our first aid kit". I am absolutelyamazed by the ingenuity of ourMarines, and can't believe that something that started outas a mistake ended up saving someone's life. My sister said she doesn'tbelieve in mistakes.She said that God had a plan all along. She believes that female carepackage was sent to Marine X to save our Marines. Either way ladies ourefforts have boosted the morale of many Marines, provided much neededitems for our troops, AND saved the life of a Marine! God bless each ofyou for your efforts and hard work, and God bless our Marines, Army,Navy, Air Force, and every one!GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP IT SAFECalif Jack
|

Trade Banner Ads






Google
 
This That And Frog Hair2: Great Read
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz


eXTReMe Tracker
free animated gifs




Who links to me?