Did Ya' Know:
Ben had poor vision and needed glasses to read. He got
Tired of constantly taking them off and putting them
Back on, so he decided to figure out a way to make his
Glasses let him see both near and far. He had two pairs
Of spectacles cut in half and put half of each lens in
A single frame. Today, we call them bifocals.
He was the youngest son of a youngest son of a youngest
Son of a youngest son.
He was the first American philosopher and the first
He invented the rocking chair, the street lamp, the
Lightning conductor, and the Franklin stove
- to name a few.
- He originated the first circulating library.
- He is the originator of Daylight Saving Time.
- He originated the first street-cleaning department.
- He was the first reformer of English spelling.
- He is the father of modern dentistry.
- He organized the first fire department.
- He was the founder of the Democratic party.
- He established the modern post-office system.
- He was a pioneer of the modern voting system for Congress.